BLOG PARTY DAY 6 // BECCA

Hey! This is the last post I think! This blog party has been a blast (for me at least!) and I am definitely going to do this again! Thank you all for reading the guest posts! I enjoyed reading them all myself!

My rad Californian friend, Becca will be sharing a little backstory about our relationship, and also three ways to keep in touch with the people in your life who are far in distance, but close at heart! :) Her post is so great and really sweet, and I agree with every tip she gave. What's weird is that I have actually been thinking of giving some of these tips, and then I read her post and thought, "Wow, twinning once again I guess. " Haha, I love this girl to death. Long distance is hard, but it's such a blessing! I'm so glad I have a person like her in my life who will pray for me, encourage me, and to have someone to share the same passions with! We even share an extreme passion for the 2005 version of Pride and Prejudice. We will watch that together one day. I speak by faith. Haha! Anyways, 
Make sure to check out her blog and give her a follow!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey there I’m Becca from In Every Season! My friendship with Aaliyah began a few years ago- ironically through our blogs!  As soon as I found Growing In His Image, I followed it immediately (like you should!), and emailed Aaliyah if she would help with my own blog.  Since our first email conversation, Aaliyah and I have grown in our friendship and have found out how much we have in common!  Although Aaliyah have never met in person, I would consider her one of my closest friends.  Through texting, FaceTiming, sending letters, sharing pins on Pinterest and other fun and silly ways of communicating, my special friend and I have learned so much about each other and have grown closer.  I love being able to have a friend that I have so many interests in common with and that I can share my dreams and passions with.  I will be honest, it is hard sometimes since we live so far away (I’m in California- she is in Kentucky) but it makes the times we get to talk to each other that much more special.  If you have a friend (or friends) that have moved or live far away from you, let me be an encouragement to you: Even though saying goodbye may be so difficult, the next hello will be all the more sweeter!  I have hope that one day I will be able to meet my dear friend, Aaliyah, in person:)

3 ways to keep in touch with a long distance friend:


  1. Have items or pictures around your room or on your phone that remind you to think of your friend, to be praying for them, and to call/ text them.
  1. Text, email, FaceTime, Skype, call, DM, etc. often!!
  1. As old fashion as this may seem, send them handwritten letters and other goodies IN THE MAIL.  How excited would you be if you received something through the mail?

This is a picture I (Aaliyah) drew to remind me of Becca! 


These are the letters I've received from her :) So special to me!




“Perfume and incense bring joy to the heart, and the pleasantness of a friend springs from their heartfelt advice.” Proverbs 27:9 

2 comments :

  1. Anonymous1/30/2016

    What fun ideas!!

    Ava
    http://landofquiet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

your comments truly make my day. ❤️

be kind. be polite. keep comments pleasing to the Lord ⭐️