POETRY WEDNESDAY


When despair for the world grows in me 
and I wake in the night at the least sound 
in fear of what my life and my children’s lives may be, 
I go and lie down where the wood drake 
rests in his beauty on the water, and the great heron feeds. 
I come into the peace of wild things 
who do not tax their lives with forethought 
of grief. I come into the presence of still water. 
And I feel above me the day-blind stars 
waiting with their light. For a time 
I rest in the grace of the world, and am free.

-WENDELL BERRY-
"The Peace of Wild Things"

6 comments :

  1. i love this poem. this is going on my wall next lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Saaammmeeeee! I love it so much!

      Delete
  2. This made me think of Psalm 23. "He leads me beside quiet waters, he refreshes my soul." Stirring words.

    By the way, I tagged you for the Text Tag in my newest post!

    Grace in Everything: The Power of Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the same thing!!

      And thank you so much!

      Delete
  3. "And I feel above me the day-blind stars
    waiting with their light."


    <3 THIS IS STUNNING. gah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THAT'S MY FAVORITE LINE!!!!!

      gah I can't even. Poetry is too much for me to handle.

      Delete

your comments truly make my day. ❤️

be kind. be polite. keep comments pleasing to the Lord ⭐️