POETRY WEDNESDAY


When despair for the world grows in me 
and I wake in the night at the least sound 
in fear of what my life and my children’s lives may be, 
I go and lie down where the wood drake 
rests in his beauty on the water, and the great heron feeds. 
I come into the peace of wild things 
who do not tax their lives with forethought 
of grief. I come into the presence of still water. 
And I feel above me the day-blind stars 
waiting with their light. For a time 
I rest in the grace of the world, and am free.

-WENDELL BERRY-
"The Peace of Wild Things"

6 comments :

  1. i love this poem. this is going on my wall next lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me think of Psalm 23. "He leads me beside quiet waters, he refreshes my soul." Stirring words.

    By the way, I tagged you for the Text Tag in my newest post!

    Grace in Everything: The Power of Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the same thing!!

      And thank you so much!

      Delete
  3. "And I feel above me the day-blind stars
    waiting with their light."


    <3 THIS IS STUNNING. gah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THAT'S MY FAVORITE LINE!!!!!

      gah I can't even. Poetry is too much for me to handle.

      Delete

your comments truly make my day. ❤️

be kind. be polite. keep comments pleasing to the Lord ⭐️