THE MUSIC TAG

Hey hey hey!

So most of you all probably know by now, but I am hugely, crazily, fanatically in love with music. Besides Jesus, of course, it is my heart; my passion; my everything. I have a really long story about my music background and how I got to this place in my life of loving it as much as I do, but that's another post for another time ;) Anyways, so in honor of National Music Day today, I decided to make a tag for all you music lovers out there! And I stopped at six questions because it's a really odd number to stop at. I was gonna go to ten but I was like, "no, this is my life." ENJOY :''') OOO! Also, feel free to use the image below or use your own!


RULES:
1. Thank the person who tagged you and include and link to their blog. (because kindness, bro)
2. Answer the questions asked below.
3. Tag 5+ bloggers and let them know. (social media, text, email, comment, whateves)
4. Add your own question to the end of the tag for your nominees to answer and answer it yourself. (optional, but fun)
5. Include these rules in your post.

QUESTIONS:
1. Do you play any instruments?
2. What is your favorite music genre?
3. Is there a music genre you absolutely cannot stand?! (this can be a multiple answer)
4. What is your favorite way to listen to music? (CD, vinyl, mp3, radio, etc.)
5. Top three favorite bands/singers?
6. What are your three favorite chords? (I guess this can really truly only be applied to people who play an instrument...whoops)

MY ANSWERS:


01. DO YOU PLAY ANY INSTRUMENTS?

Yes!! I play four instruments. I've played piano for as long as I can remember, and over the past year I've taught myself guitar, ukulele, and banjo. Still teaching myself banjo, but the other three I can actually play fairly well. I'm not a pro (not even close) at any of these though, haha. I did play violin when I was seven but I never picked it back up... I should now, though!!

02. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE MUSIC GENRE?

Definitely folk rock. I also love alternative rock, but there's something about rock mixed with banjo and harmonica that is just stellar. And since I really only listen to Christian, NEEDTOBREATHE does this perfectly for me. And because NTB is all around amazing. ;) #fangirl

03. IS THERE A MUSIC GENRE YOU ABSOLUTELY CANNOT STAND?!

Country. I cannot listen to it. Also bluegrass. And I can stand very few rap songs. It's not that I just hate it... I'm just not gangster enough (I've tried, trust me). *girl with hand up emoji*

04. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE WAY TO LISTEN TO MUSIC?
(CD, MP3, VINYL, RADIO, ETC.)

It's probably a tie between mp3 and vinyl. I live for listening to music in the car, but at night when I'm chillin' like introverts do, I love my vinyls.

05. TOP THREE FAVORITE BANDS/SINGERS?

 NEEDTOBREATHE (for sure), Switchfoot/Jon Foreman (definitely) and hmmm... This is hard... I mean, I will always and forever have a love for For King and Country but I don't know if I would put it at my top three right now. Maybe The Dust of Men.. I dunno. I'm more of a person who has a band that I like but I pick out the songs, ya feel? So there's not many bands I like as an entire whole. I have a lot of folk bands I listen to but not really the bands... Just certain songs. :'''') 

06. WHAT ARE YOUR THREE FAVORITE CHORDS?

F#m, C#m, and G!


QUESTION FOR MY NOMINEES:

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SONG BECAUSE OF WHAT IT MEANS TO YOU?

 "Wasteland" by NEEDTOBREATHE. The lyrics mean a lot to me. My favorite verse is Isaiah 43:19 and this song is basically based off that.


I TAG:


Enjoy the tag, my little pineapples.
-aaliyah xx

25 comments :

  1. AHHHH MUSICCCC
    I live for music. It's my life. (besides Christ, of course ;) )
    Also, I'm new to your blog, Aaliyah, and I absolutely LOVEEE ITTT <3
    Keep up the aMAZing work. ^-^
    ~ Suzy | Craftz'n'Craziness, Lookin' Good Designs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO much, Suzy! Your comment made my day brighter :)

      AHH ISN'T MUSIC JUST STRAIGHT UP FANTASTICAL??

      Delete
  2. Anonymous6/21/2016

    WHAT AN AWESOME IDEA!!! Nice job with the questions and, well, everything!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WAH THANKS SO MUCH, AVA DEAR :") It means a ton :)

      Delete
  3. This is a great tag! You did great with the questions and I totally feel you on #5. and #3.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh, thanks, Nina!! Haha, I'm glad someone understands me XD

      Delete
  4. I'M SO EXCITED TO DO THIS TAG!!!!!!!!!!!! Literally trying to figure out my favorite chords right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I AM SO EXCITED THAT YOU ARE SO EXCITED TO DO THIS TAG!!!!! dude that question was hard *laughing emojis*

      Delete
  5. AWWWWW THANK U SO MUCH aaliyah!!! this sounds great :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU'RE SO WELCOME, MY LITTLE SEA TURTLE!!

      Delete
  6. YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. HI TWIN. :') i am way too excited for this. also your blog is so minimalist and perfect. also wut r my fave chords idk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ASDFGHJKL HHHHIIIIII TWIN! ily you shall be my squishy. and wow thanks wow just thanks so much wow

      right like I think that's the hardest question on here lololololololol

      Delete
  7. This tag is so awesome, Aaliyah! (JUST LIKE YOU OF COURSE)
    Music is such a huge part of life, even though it doesn't really seem like that often. I've been playing the violin since I was four, but when I was like seven I quit for a year then restarted. I literally hated playing the violin for a while. It's like, WHY AUTUMN WHY. But I've started to learn to love it again, and I've added the piano to my instrumental learning (wow what does that even mean ^_^).
    OMG YOU PLAY GUITAR AAAAHHHH I WANT TO LEARN THAT SO MUCH CAN YOU TEACH ME PLEASE I'LL BE A FAITHFUL STUDENT. =)

    But I seriously do want to learn it someday, it's so NICE. Like that's the only word I can think of right now to describe it. NICE. VERY VERY NICE. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AHHHHHHHHHHH AUTUMN, THANK YOU!!!!!
      Right?! I'm sure you read my big, sappy story on Instagram but I took a veryyy long break. Several years. And now I love it more than I ever did! Sometimes breaks are just what you need! Instrumental learning can totally be a thing *laughing emojis*

      NICE IS THE PERFECT WAY TO DESCRIBE GUITAR!

      Delete
  8. SWITCHFOOT. akdsaf;jls. switchfoot is actually the best and i love them so much. their song "your love is a song" inspired my book, so I have a special little place in my heart for them. <3

    this is such a cool tag. o.o I love music so much so I need to consider stealing this. xD

    // katie grace
    a writer's faith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LISTEN GIRL. SWITCHFOOT IS BASICALLY THE BEST OF EVER. ASDFGHJKL I LOVE THEM SO MUCHHHHHHH!!! And I seriously LOVE that song!!!

      plz do steal it if you want ;)

      Delete
  9. I feel like you have a really interesting taste in music! That's great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ASDFGHJKLKJHGFDSA BRB FREAKING OUT BECAUSE THIS TAG!! OMG I CANNOT EVEN CONTAIN MY EXCITEMENT, DUDE. *dances around happily and eeeeep you tagged me and I seriously don't know HOW on EARTH I'm going to wait until I get home to do this like whoa*

    DUUUUDE YOU ARE SO TALENTED. TEACH ME GUITAR AND BANJO AND UKE PLEASEE. :'''') bc legit all I know is piano BUT I WILL SHH SHH AND NOT GIVE THE REST OF MY ANSWERS AWAY MUAHAHAH xD love yah so much girl. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I AM SO HAPPY THAT YOU ARE SO EXCITED :'''')

      I will totally teach you everything I know, bro. Come down to Kentucky ASAP MISSY!

      love you so much too, girl <3

      Delete
  11. Wow, you sound like a very talented musician!

    Grace
    golden halcyon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, haha, I pretend to be *laughing emojis*

      I am very, very non-pro. hehe. Thank you so much for your sweet comment!

      Delete
  12. My favorite song currently is "one headlight" by The Wallflowers, because it reminds me of my journey in life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I haven't heard that one but I love to hear about peoples favorites :)

      Delete

your comments truly make my day. ❤️

be kind. be polite. keep comments pleasing to the Lord ⭐️